This activity is a huge amount of fun! River Sleds are purpose built craft that are designed specifically to allow beginners to journey down the grade 1 & 2 rapids of the Yarra River, within the stunning Warburton, Yarra Valley region. Laying down on your sled your group will at times drift down the river in a relaxed state whilst taking in the lush green scenery of the tall mountain ash, red gums and ferns, and at other times they will be adventuring and negotiating your way down the rapids, holding onto the handles of the sleds as they dip over some small rapid drops.
- Only 75 minutes from Melbourne
- Stunningly scenic nature
- Loads of FUN!!
The beautiful Yarra Valley hosts the perfect setting to experience all that River Sledding has to offer. Warburton is a nature lovers haven, designed to satisfy those seeking a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city without hours of travel. They will literally float their way into the town centre of beautiful Warburton! When they arrive they will be greeted by our fun guides who will get them all the gear they need for the day and organise to get the cars or bus to the finishing point. After this it is time to hit the water where they will be taken through a skills session. They will begin in a flat pool on the river which is perfect because it gives them an opportunity to practice their new-found skills before the real fun starts! Within a short distance they will arrive at the first rapid where their instructors will have another quick chat about how to approach moving white water and will demonstrate the best ways to head downstream. Then the fun really begins with grade 1-2 rapids every few hundred meters until you reach the end. They will have ample opportunity to test their new-found sledding skills and take in the beautiful scenery. The instructors will also give them some tips along the way and challenge them with different techniques. We can cater to our group, whether they be timid or adventurous, and have a good time, every time! This activity helps to build confidence and resilience in the individual by equipping them with the skills to master the rapids on their own. In doing this it creates a strong sense of achievement and personal responsibility for their own learning, whilst strengthening and building fast decision making skills.
FULL DAY OPTION
Why not make this day extra special by making a full day of it with Caving and River Sledding Private Tour
. Only an extra $750 and get a delicious lunch included, click here
for more details.
PRICE & EXTRA'S
- $1750 for a group of up to 16 participants
- $2500 for a group of up to 24 participants
- For an extra $700 per group of 24 you can have the group picked up from an office, home or hotel
- Lunch can also be added to this package:
- Lunch $15 per person
- Catered lunch $55 per person
- Lunch at Rochford $65 per person
Our most popular location to run river sledding is in the Yarra Valley on the Upper Yarra River in Warburton. This is a short drive from Melbourne and has easy access to the river and roads with loads of small and continuous exciting rapids.
DATES & TIMES
The best times of the year for river sledding are from November through till May. It can still be run throughout most of the year as we have wetsuits and splash jackets to provide you with warmth and protection.As this is a private tour, it is available every day of the year (except Christmas Day)
- Professional white water guides
- River Sled, wetsuit and spray jacket
- Safety gear including PFD (personal floatation device) & helmet
- Added lunch option: book a morning session and you have the option to add a delicious winery lunch from Rochford Wines (only a short 25min drive from our Kayaking site).
WHAT TO BRING:
An email will be sent to you upon booking for details on what to bring on your river sledding tour. We recommend to dress for the weather and keep in mind that will get wet so please bring a change of clothes. Don't bring anything you don't want to get wet. We can lock your personal belongings in our vehicle while you're on your tour. If you would like to take photos please bring a waterproof camera as there will be plenty of opportunity to take some awesome shots while your on the river.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum weight: 110 kg
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian
- You must have your own transport to get to the site.
- You must be able to swim at least 25 meters. If you are uncomfortable with the thought of being in the water then you may want to see our Melbourne Scenic Kayaking Tour instead