This is a fantastic activity everyone can enjoy, the kayaks we use are extremely safe and stable. Our White Water Kayaking experience has just the right mix of exciting grade 1 & 2 rapids as well as beautiful scenery and local wildlife. This private group package is perfect for a team building day, a break from a conference, bucks party or just a fun day out.
- Located only 45 minutes from Melbourne in beautiful Wonga Park
- Inflatable kayaks which are extremely safe and stable
- Perfect mix of excitement and beautiful scenery
Only a short drive from Melbourne we have found the perfect setting to experience white water kayaking. Wonga Park is just far enough from Melbourne CBD to satisfy those seeking a quiet, retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city without hours of travel. It is also located just 10 minutes from some of Victoria's best wineries such as Rochford Wines and Yering Station. When the group arrives they will be greeted by our fun guides who will get them all the gear they need for the day and organise to get all cars to the finishing point. After this it is time to hit the water where they will be taken through a skills session. The first kilometre is nice and flat, which is perfect because it gives them an opportunity to practice their new-found skills before the real fun starts! Once they get to the first rapid the instructors will have another quick chat teaching them what to do, what not to do and how to correct when they do the things you were told not to do! Then the fun really begins with grade 1-2 rapids every few hundred meters. They will have ample opportunity to test their new-found white water kayaking skills and take in the beautiful scenery. The instructors will also give them some tips along the way and challenge them with different techniques. We cater to our group whether timid or adventurous and have a good time, every time!
FULL DAY OPTION
Why not make this day extra special by making a full day of it, there are two options to choose from:
Only an extra $900 and get a delicious lunch included, click on the links above for more details.
PRICE & EXTRA'S
- $2000 for a group of up to 16 participants
- $2900 for a group of up to 24 participants
- For only an extra $800 per group of 24 you can have the group picked up from an office, home or hotel
- Lunch can also be added to this package:
- Lunch $15 per person
- Catered lunch $65 per person
- Lunch at Rochford $75 per person
The most popular section is the Yarra River at Wonga Park only 45 minutes from Melbourne. There are also a number of other sections on the Yarra River available depending on time and any other requirements. Other rivers such as the Goulburn and Werribee Rivers are available on request (additional charges may apply).
DATES & TIMES
As this is a private tour, it is available every day of the year (except Christmas Day). Times available are 9am, 1pm and 5pm (Summer time only).
- Professional kayaking guides
- Paddle hire & safety gear including PFD (personal floatation device)
- Added lunch option: book a morning session and you have the option to add a delicious winery lunch from Rochford Wines (only a short 25min drive from our Kayaking site).
WHAT TO BRING:
An email will be sent to you upon booking for details on what to bring on your white water kayaking tour. We recommend to dress for the weather and keep in mind that will get wet so please bring a change of clothes. Don't bring anything you don't want to get wet. We can lock your personal belongings in our vehicle while you're on your tour. If you would like to take photos please bring a waterproof camera as there will be plenty of opportunity to take some awesome shots while your on the river.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum weight: 110 kg
- Adults to accompany children under the age of: 16 years
- Participants under 18 years old must have their forms filled in by parent or guardian
- You must have your own transport to get to the site.
- You must be able to swim at least 25 meters. If you are uncomfortable with the thought of being in the water then you may want to see our Melbourne Scenic Kayaking Tour instead